Which Sportsbooks Are Best To Use?
Competition in the online sports betting market is intense, and many providers advertise attractive offers. However, choosing your favourite betting website shouldn’t be an impulsive decision based on a single ad. It’s much smarter to review several betting sites and look for the combination of features that best suits your needs.
Some players prioritise great odds, others look for top customer support, while some may choose the site with the best mobile app. There are some excellent websites to consider no matter your priorities, so you definitely shouldn’t randomly select one.
It’s much easier to compare the strong points of different betting sites when we break down their offers to a handful of important features. That way, every player can check the features that are important to them. Some of the key features to look out for include:
- Which betting markets are available.
- What welcome bonus they offer.
- Whether they hold any regular promotions.
- Security protocols in place.
- How good the customer service is.
If you scroll to the top of this page, you will see we have done this for you by writing in-depth reviews, so check out our reviews and decide which sportsbook is best for you.
How Do Sportsbook Bonuses Work?
One of the best ways sports bettors can get started is by taking advantage of the welcome bonuses and promotions sportsbooks offer. Most sportsbooks provide their customers with a fantastic variety of bonuses that can help you increase your winnings and even place free bets.
There are so many different bonuses to choose from, so sometimes, it can get confusing. The best way to prepare is by understanding what different types of bonuses are available, so here is a list of the main ones:
- Risk-Free Bet: Let’s use football as an example. Say you bet £100 on Chelsea F.C. to beat Liverpool F.C. and Chelsea lose. Once the game is over, the sportsbook will give you back £100 in credits to use on other bets.
- Free Bet: This is similar to a Risk-Free Bet. How this works is a sportsbook might offer you a free bet that’s equal to the initial deposit you put into your account. For example, if you deposit £200 into your account, you would receive a £200 “free bet.”
- No Deposit Free Bet: This is free money to use on whatever bet you want with practically no strings attached. It is rare to find a sportsbook that offers this, and some even refer to it as a “unicorn bonus.”
- Reload Bet: Sportsbook sometimes offers you bonuses for your second bet, which is known as a reload bonus. This is where a sportsbook matches the amount you spent on your first bet with a free bet.
Are Betting Odds The Same On All Sites?
quick search will show you that betting odds for the same event vary from one provider to another, opening some space for extra gains if you place your wager at the best place. Some players regularly scout multiple websites or use odds comparison tools to find the most lucrative offers.
Due to its financial impact, this factor carries tremendous significance and must be thoroughly evaluated in the research phase. Some providers may have better odds for specific sports – for example, Betfair is known for excellent odds on Rugby and Soccer.
Odds for in-play betting are calculated in real-time, so they may be more challenging to compare across different websites, but they should also be considered if you intend to bet this way.
Are Loyalty Programmes Worth Looking For?
While the rewards for new players are exciting, there is a lot of value to gain from loyalty programs that motivate high-volume players to keep betting on the same website. In some cases, players collect VIP points every time they deposit. VIP points can be exchanged for cash refunds, real-life gifts, or other benefits.
A generous loyalty program is a statement of respect towards the customers and can turn a good sportsbook into a great one. Of course, since it takes a lot of betting to gain VIP status, this factor is more important to players who often bet on sports or wager large sums on a few matches every month. Still, even casual players can profit from their loyalty if they stay with the same provider for a few years.
Recommended Sportsbooks For 2022
New sports betting websites are regularly launched, but currently, the scene is dominated by several big-name brands. These sites offer superior welcome bonuses and promotions to gain new members continuously.
You can expect this to continue through the year, so players thinking about opening a new account should check our shortlist of excellent options. All of the sites we have reviewed vary in size, but all have fantastic offerings. You will find well-known brands such as Bet365, 1xBet, and William Hill, as well as smaller brands like MansionBet and Bethard.
All sites we review have different licenses and regulations, meaning some countries have restricted access. We have labelled the accepted and restricted countries on each review, so be sure to check this first.