Betting Tips – Manchester United vs Southampton 12/02/2022

Manchester United vs Southampton

Another weekend, another round of the Premier League is upon us. Liverpool vs Leicester saw us come very close to a cheeky little win. One goal away from doubling our money! This weekend we’ll try our luck at the early kick-off, Manchester United vs Southampton. We will be following the game as the goals go in over on our Twitter page, so drop us a follow for live updates.

Both teams come into this game with a very different mindset, Southampton is riding high after coming back to win from 2-1 down to win 3-2 against Tottenham. Manchester United on the other hand could only scrape together a 1-1 draw at Turf Moore. United interim manager, Ralph Rangnick will be left dumbfounded as United walk away without three points despite their dominance in the first half. The saints will be looking to take full advantage of this and hopefully provide another shock result.

A quick start and an encouraging first half for Manchester United saw them lead at the break 1-0 thanks to a well-placed finish from the French midfielder Paul Pogba. Burnley remained resilient and kept the game close. After a stern halftime team talk from Burnley manager Sean Dyche, the Clarets came out swinging. An early second-half goal from Jay Rodriguez in the 47th minute, saw the red devils put on the back foot. United never seemed to recover even after top scorer Cristiano Ronaldo came onto the pitch. He also couldn’t provide that vital goal. With all signs pointing to the Portuguese forward starting this weekend, United will be hoping for more goals this time around.

Wednesday night saw Southampton’s best performance of the season so far. The saints have proven to be a difficult team to face as both Manchester City and Tottenham Hotspur found out recently. A key factor for their recent successes has been the electric form of Albanian striker Armando Broja. Broja recently joined from Chelsea on loan and is currently Southampton’s top scorer with eight goals this season. His goals against Tottenham and City have been clear indicators of his superb ability in front of goal. He’ll be one to watch going into this weekend’s fixture for sure.

What Bets To Place

Today’s bet gives you the chance to turn £10 into £110 if you place your bet through Ladbrokes. What’s better is that if you sign up to Ladbrokes, they will offer the chance to place the bet for free! For example, their welcome offer grants you £20 in free bets when you place a minimum of a £5 bet. This means even if you placed then £10 bet and lost, you’d still be up £10 – It’s a win-win!

If you don’t want to place this bet on Ladbrokes, check out our over sportsbook reviews here and choose the right one for you.

Here is the betslip on Ladbrokes for today’s game:


Match Result – Both Teams To Score (BTTS) & Over 1.5 Goals

With both teams’ forms being far from the norm I’d recommend staying away from guessing the correct result. Instead, I have been diving deep into the stats of both teams. As my Stat Sheets can adhere to, both teams cannot keep a clean sheet. Only 22% of United fixtures have resulted in them keeping a clean sheet, even lower at home with an 18% chance. Southampton also shares a 22% clean sheet record. These stats coupled with the fact that over 60% of United’s and Southampton’s games have resulted in both teams scoring, it seems a no brainer to expect both teams to get on the scoresheet, pushing the score over 1.5 match goals.

Individuals – Ronaldo & Broja 1 SOT, Pogba To Be Carded

With Ronaldo left out of the starting line-up midweek, he’ll be chomping at the bit to get on the scoresheet against the Saints. He has averaged 4.17 shots a game, 1.60 shots on target and is United’s top scorer with 14 goals this season. CR7 to get 1 shot on target is looking likely.

As mentioned before Southampton’s man of the moment is Broja. I believe he’ll take his confidence and goalscoring boots from the victory at Spurs and deliver Saturday lunchtime. The stats are also in his favour, he has averaged 2.36 shots a game, 1.25 shots on target and is the Saint’s top scorer with 8 goals, not quite CR7 numbers but respectable indeed.

Next up is cards, and specifically who is going to get one. There are plenty of choices like Luke Shaw or Oriol Romeu whom both have had over 6 cards already this season. My choice, however, is Paul Pogba, the Frenchman has only recently come back into the side and isn’t at risk of suspension so is defiantly due a card. He averages the highest number of fouls a game for United at 2.60, coupled with the Saints pace on the break I believe he’ll fall victim to referees whistle during the 90 minutes.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *